Learn more about summer program options
Hong Kong is Asia's City of Life. It is a perfect blend of East and West, busy city pace and traditional lifestyle. It will give you the unique experience of living in an international cosmopolitan.
Courses are taught in Chinese or English and in some cases in both languages. This learning environment is ideal for those who are interested in studying in a Chinese context but are unfamiliar with the language.
International students can take courses offered by the following Faculties and programme/unit at CUHK*:
Faculty of Arts
Faculty of Business Administration
Faculty of Engineering
Faculty of Law (Additional requirements apply for the course registration**)
Faculty of Science
Faculty of Social Sciences
Department of Sports Science and Physical Education, Faculty of Education
International Asian Studies Programme
*Offerings of course in different semesters/terms and the course registration are subject to availability of class quota and final decision of respective faculties (or programme/unit).
Approximately 40 percent of CUHK's undergraduate students live on campus. There are altogether 21 undergraduate dormitories that constitute the four Colleges. The four Colleges manage the dormitories under local regulations that differ somewhat.
You will share a double or triple occupancy room with local students who have expressed special interest in sharing a room with a foreign roommate. This will enhance cultural exchange and immersion into local student life. No single room is available for undergraduate international students.
Amenities in the student dormitories include:
• Modestly furnished bedrooms with telephone and network (ResNet) connection;
• Air-conditioning operated with smart cards in all rooms (central heating is not available but also mostly unnecessary);
• Blankets and bed linens;
• Laundry facilities: coin-operated washing and drying machines and clothes lines for drying;
• Shared kitchens equipped with refrigerators, stoves, boilers and microwaves on each floor;
• Shared bathrooms with showers on each floor;
• Common rooms with televisions.