Why Choose to Study Abroad at ACG?
“Study abroad” is a major, global educational trend. Millions of students enrich their experience through international study – for a semester, a summer session or even a shorter period. The American College of Greece is an ideal study abroad destination because:
- ACG is located in one of the world’s most renowned and safe cities. Its idyllic campus is the springboard for exploring Athens and the nearby Greek islands.
- ACG is the largest American college or university in Europe and a truly international learning community.
- Students in virtually any academic major can find courses to apply towards graduation in their home institution. All classes at ACG are taught in English.
- Transferring credits is easy because ACG is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges in the US and its degree programs are also validated by the Open University, UK.
- ACG offers a holistic student experience with a full range of co-curricular and extra-curricular programs.
- ACG’s student residences, built for the 2004 US Olympic team, provide a comfortable and enriching living environment.
- ACG is a great value; its comprehensive fee structure makes the best American study abroad option in Europe surprisingly affordable.
The American College of Greece is an ideal choice for study
abroad. You’ll find the excitement of Athens, the beauty of the
Mediterranean, and the famous hospitality of the Greek people attractive
reasons to study in Greece. And we believe you’ll find the
overwhelming advantages of studying abroad at DEREE to be irresistible.
Greek Cultural Immersion
With a 90% Greek student
body, you’ll enjoy a full cultural immersion experience with plenty
of opportunities to make friends and learn about Greek culture.
DEREE is the only institution in
Athens accredited by the New England Association of Schools and
Colleges (NEASC) — easing the process of course credit transfer back to
your home institution.
Expansive Course Offerings
With 21 majors, 32
minors, and over 1,000 courses offered each year, DEREE provides you
with plenty of courses to choose from in business, fine arts,
humanities, social sciences, communication — and more!
Located on a breathtaking
hillside at the edge of Athens, DEREE’s park-like campus offers an
ideal setting to study in Greece, offering modern classrooms, an
impressive library and Olympic-quality athletic facilities.
Excursions Throughout Greece
You’ll visit a
Greek island and other historical and adventurous sites as part of your
study abroad experience at DEREE! You can experience three excursions
during the fall and spring semesters. During winter and summer
sessions, one exciting excursion is offered.
Comprehensive Study Abroad Fee
DEREE is a
remarkable value. The study abroad fee covers up to 15 credit hours of
tuition, housing, fees and three excursions within Greece. Orientation,
faculty support, visa support, and full access to facilities are all
Dedicated Study Abroad Team
Our goal is to
provide you with an unforgettable study abroad experience! Our Study
Abroad Office team is dedicated to providing the personal commitment and
attention to detail that will make your semester abroad a truly special
experience for you. We’ll get to know you by name even before you
arrive, helping you with the process of applying, obtaining a visa, and
selecting classes. Upon your arrival, we will orient you to the campus
and life in Athens and continue to provide support throughout your stay.
We even provide airport pick-up and drop-off. Let us show you why
DEREE - The American College of Greece is the premiere study abroad
destination in Greece!